Friday, July 2, 2010

Cohen Dunlap McNulty

Cohen arrived June 15, 2010 at 8:45
8 lbs 15 oz
22 inches





Travis and I got to the hospital around 5:45 am to get ready for my c-section. I had gotten dressed so that I would be able to take "pretty" pictures afterwards, but that never happened. When the nurse hooked my up to the monitors I was already having some regular contractions so I might have ended up in the hospital that day without planning my c-section. They were running behind so I didn't go back until about 8:15 to get my spinal. The anestheologist got everything ready and put it in. She said it went in perfectly and that I shouldn't be feeling anything soon. Once I layed down they started pricking me to make sure the medicine was working, but I still had all the feeling in my abdomen. So the dr. leaned my back and made me cough, not sure why, and gave me a little more juice. My dr come in and got everything ready and started pinching me to see if I was numb, but I still could feel everything. I just remember telling him that it hurt and wasn't pressure but pain. I don't remember much after that because they had to put me all the way under and Travis had to leave.

Travis said it didn't take very long to get Cohen out and for me to wake up. Since I had to be put under they didn't bring Cohen back with me and when I woke up I was in a lot of pain. The nurse and anesthesologist kept pushing different medicines until they couldn't give me any more and had to move on to the next drug. About the time my pain got under control Travis got called back to the nursery and they said that Cohen was having trouble breathing and that they were taking him to the NICU. We thought that it would just be for a day, two at the most. Cohen ended up staying in the NICU for nine days.

I did get to see him briefly before they took me to my room, but I don't remember very much other that had had to many wires hooked up to him for only being an hour old. Once my pain meds started to wear off I did go back and see him again, but we couldn't hold him. I didn't get to hold him until he a little over a day old.




Our first picture and the first time I got to hold him

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home